Jonathan Leeman, of 9 Marks and author of The Church and the Surprising Offense of God’s Love, joins us to talk about the reasons for church membership on today’s podcast.
- What God is creating in the local church is so wonderful, so other-worldly, so dynamic, you can’t use any one single metaphor to define it all.
- 06:00 Church membership is more than a Costco membership.
- 08:50 how should we see Christ in the word imperium?
- 10:33 Why is it important we see the church as an embassy of the Kingdom of God?
- 14:38 Expound on submitting to the local church.
- 18:25 What are the qualifications for being a church member?
- 20:05 Why is there such a rich variety of metaphors for the church in Scripture?
- 23:10 What are some practical ways brothers and sisters can demonstrate their loyalty to other church members?
- 27:35 How would you counsel someone who is bummed about the church?
- 33:16 How does submitting to the local church define love for the watching world?
Latest posts by Glory Books Media Productions (see all)
- Preview: First Two Chapters of the Bible Expositor’s Handbook by Dr. Greg Harris - November 15, 2016
- Ep 45: Bill Shannon on Biblical Counseling - August 26, 2016
- Ep 44: Brian Croft on Church Revitalization - August 12, 2016
- Ep 26: Dr. Greg Harris Helps us Make an Announcement - August 10, 2016
- Ep 43: Mike McKinley on Ministering to the Poor - August 5, 2016